Y’all, you have to try these. They are buttery, garlicky with simple ingredients that you may already have in your pantry. And they only take about 8 – 10 minutes. Easy to make just a few or a big batch(s).
4 tbsp. butter
1 tsp minced garlic
King’s Hawaiian sweet rolls for however many sandwiches, we usually do 9 at a time
Whatever kind of sliced cheese you’d like, we like Swiss or Provolone
1 tsp mustard, or Dijon, whatever you have
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter in a microwave safe dish. Add garlic and mustard.
- Butter or line your pan with aluminum foil. You could use an 8X8 pan like we did, or a cookie sheet. Anything will do, really.
- Cut rolls in half like a hamburger bun is sliced.
- Build the sandwiches: we like cheese, ham, cheese, but you could do any combination you wish
- Spread half of the butter over the open faced sandwiches. Keep the rest for later.
- Put tops of rolls on sandwiches.
- Spread rest of the butter over the tops of the sandwiches.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until rolls are your preferred level of golden/brown.
- Cut sandwiches with a knife to separate them.
- Serve and enjoy, duh. These also make great leftovers, though Malcolm doesn’t always love how mushy they get after a day. I, on the other hand, do not mind one bit.
What are some of your favorite painfully easy recipes? I need more ideas!
Thanks for reading.